Infection control program has the main purpose of preventing and stopping the transmission of infections. Specific precautions are needed to prevent infection transmission depending on the microorganism.
- Hand Hygiene. General Concepts.
- Hand Hygiene Procedure.
- Personal Protective Equipment: General Concepts.
- PPE: Elements
- PPE: Gloves
- Cleaning and disinfecting the environment
- Safe reprocessing of the reusable medical devices and equipment
- Waste Management
- Prevention of accidental exposure to body fluids
- Respiratory hygiene
- Injection Safety
Who Should attend:
- This course is for healthcare professionals.
- Define terms related to Infection Control and Prevention
- Differentiate Standard vs. Transmission-Based Precautions including Contact, Droplet and Airborne
- Demonstrate proper technique of Hand washing and Hand rub
- Describe the use Personal Protective Equipment
- Discuss Healthcare Associated Infections
- Identify important Multiple Drug Resistant Organisms
- Summarize general work and safe injection practices